Monday, August 6, 2012

Lollipop Crafts Challenge: Monochromatic / Cheeky Geeky



It's a new week, bloggers!  Hope you all enjoyed your weekend.  Today's challenge over at Lollipop Crafts is MONOCHROMATIC.  I rarely ever work with monochromatic themes because I like using lots of color, so this was definitely a challenge for me.

A monochromatic color scheme is where you use one color -- but different shades of it.  Often, you will see a neutral color added such as black or white.


I used the Cheeky Geeky stamp from The Greeting Farm (my new fave stamp of theirs) and colored it with Copics.  I paper pieced her headband with some brown polka dot paper to match the ribbon on my card.  A girl's got to have some bling, so I added rhinestone bling to her glasses and also went over her rims with a Stardust pen (love that pen!).  I thought about fussy cutting her, but I realized I really needed the white to help break up all that brown and balance it out a little bit.

The typewriter and sentiment are from a Hero Arts set which I inked up with TH Vintage Photo distress ink and stamped onto cardstock and then fussy cut.  The DP is from the Simple Stories Documented paper pad.  I love how the typewriter keys go so well with the typewriter stamp!  Originally, I intended to do a sexy schoolgirl  but she ended up being more like a sexy secretary.  Fine with me!  LOL!  This is really a fun stamp to work with!

Well, that's it for now.  Please be sure to check out challenge over at Lollipop Crafts.  Have a great week!






2 comments:

  1. Pretty mono color card.... love her funky glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely creation Dena! I really like the image. Great JOB!
    -Sony
    sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete