Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Friendship's Garden Challenge Blog: 15-Minute Card Challenge



For this week's challenge, the DT was asked to create a card in 15 minutes or less.  To be fair, I thought it best that I include the time I spent designing my card -- not just assembling it.  After all, what takes the longest -- for me, at least -- is the time I spend figuring out what the heck I'm gonna do!  I really wish I was one of those people that could design something in ten minutes.  Unfortunately, I am not one of those people.  *SIGH*

As you can see, I kept things simple.  I used some cute strawberry paper by Doodlebug and then matted it with white cardstock which I then adhered to my base cardstock. I think matting alone makes a huge difference in how a card looks.  It really doesn't take much time either.

I then selected this cute sticker from a sticker set that goes with the paper.  When I'm in a hurry, I find that the easiest thing to do is to use paper and elements that come from the same set.

Now, rather than ending up with a card with just a sticker on it, I added a few more elements.  I took a strip of white cardstock and fancied it up by embossing it with a Cuttlebug folder.  I then tied some pretty pink ribbon over it and added pink bling to the corner of the card.  Those were all simple touches that help to dress up any card.

I decided not to add a sentiment for two reasons:  1)  I was almost out of time and 2)  I had no plans to send this card to anyone in particular yet, so I figured I'd add either a thank you, birthday, or hello sentiment when the situation arises.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Please be sure to scroll down and see my other posts for today!  ALOHA!

2 comments:

  1. You're card looks beautiful. I can imagine how hard it was to do it in 15 mins! OMGosh! In 15 mins I have barely decided what paper to use. Haha. Great job girl!

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that is quite a challenge! I should try that sometime! Love your result!

    ReplyDelete