Welcome to Round One of the Christmas Cards & Cookies Blog Hop! There was so much response to the Christmas Cards & Cookies Blog Hop that it had to be split between two weekends. This is Round One and begins Saturday, Dec. 3rd, continuing through Sunday, Dec. 4th. Round Two will be held next weekend. We have a talented group of women who love papercrafting and baking. Each of them is sharing a recipe for a yummy Christmas treat along with a Christmas card or tag. Hopefully, you’ll pick up some great ideas for your own Christmas gift giving this season. So, grab a cup of coffee, sit back, and enjoy!
I made a Christmas card using some super cute Doodlebug paper! The snowman is from a diecut swap I was in last year. I made this diecut with a Sizzix die. It's one of my faves! I filled in the hearts with red stickles and used a white puffy paint pen for the white wavy accents on the arms and legs. The scarf was some fancy ribbon I had in my stash. The scarf and ribbon are actually red IRL (in real life). Unfortunately, the colors don't show up so well here. Last, I added faux stitching with a pen. I made a few of these last year and kept them to use this year. So glad that I did!
Now, for my recipe:
1 box devil's food cake mix
1/3 c oil
Mix the first 3 ingredients. Take a small portion, just enough to wrap around a Rolo candy. Shape into a ball. Bake at 350 degrees on greased cookie sheet for approximately 7-9 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar (optional).
That's it! Easy peasy! These are always a crowd pleaser. The caramel gets nice and gooey when the cookies are fresh out of the oven. YUM! If you have any questions, feel free to post a comment with your email address, and I'll get back to you. Don't forget to return next week for Round Two of the Christmas Cards and Cookies Blog Hop.
Thanks for stopping by! Please be sure to visit Robin's blog next to see what she has to share with you!
Below is the complete blog hop lineup:
1) Dena : http://missdjones.blogspot.com/
2) Robin : http://scrapandchat.blogspot.com/
3) Janet N: http://createatdreamscrapbooks.blogspot.com/
4) Carla: http://racincrafts.blogspot.com/
5) Zenita: http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com
6) Jennifer: http://www.craftycardgallery.blogspot.com/
8) Susan: http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/
9) JulieK: http://jk-littlebitofbling.blogspot.com/
10) Ellen ♥ CardMonkey: http://www.cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
11) Kerri: http://crafttimeandcupcakes.blogspot.com/
12) Janet S: http://www.ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/
13) Carol: http://huffandpuffscrap.blogspot.com/
14) Christina http://cema1cema.blogspot.com/
15) Staci McD http://preciousmem.blogspot.com/
18) Nicolette- www.beyondscrapin.blogspot.com