Monday, June 20, 2011

Superhero Father's Day Card





Hi, Bloggers! Hope you all had a nice weekend. Father's Day Sunday was pretty low-key because it was a work day for my boyfriend. We did have pancakes from the Koa Pancake House at his request, though. He is off Tuesday, so we are going to have a nice family dinner in town. Looking forward to it! For his gift, I surprised him with a tabletop gas grill that he wanted. I also made a Superhero Father's Day card for him.

My boyfriend likes Batman, but I didn't have a Batman SVG or the Batman cartridge. I decided to do things a little "old school" and downloaded a superhero image that I thought was perfect for the card. It's an image of the Batman and Superman logos merged together. I typed and printed the wording on the front which says "Daddy, you may not be Superman or Batman".

The inside of the card continues with "But you're still MY HERO". I included a picture of my boyfriend with our daughter printed on cardstock. I wish I had printed it on photo paper, but I didn't have time to go hunting through my boxes for some. =(

I used a white gel pen on the "MY HERO" diecut and also added some sheer ribbon to the front of the card with some red ribbon with stars on it that I had been dying to use. I'm always my own worst critic, so I always feel that there's room for improvement. But overall, I was satisifed with how the card came out. If you're interested in the "MY HERO" SVG file, here is where I got it from: http://bgladpapercrafts.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-hero.html (sorry, links aren't working properly here right now). I used MTC and my Cricut to cut the image. Thanks for visiting. Have a happy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Awww! That card is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo cool! I totally need software for my cricut! Love the picture too. So precious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card turned out great!! That starred ribbon is the perfect complement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really a super cool card. Great job. I am sure this was very touching for dad! :)

    Arlene.
    http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete