Monday, June 7, 2010

Welcome !

Welcome to my blog! My name is Dena, and I love papercrafting! I love scrapbooking, cardmaking, and photography -- although it seems like I do more collecting of supplies than anything else! EEK!


I started with rubberstamping around 2001'ish. It was around that time that scrapbooking started to really take off and evolve. That's when my interest piqued. I've been hooked since then but have taken lots of breaks due to lack of time. But, with another baby on the way (no, that's not a beer belly in my pic -- I'm actually pregnant! LOL), I've decided that I don't want another stack of photos piling up, so I need to make the time to scrap and journal!

I tend to favor cutesie, girly things -- think Doodlebug, Imaginesce, and Sassafras Lass. I also absolutely *heart* Maya Road products. I'm a technique person, so it's not unusual for me to combine different techniques in a project such as glittering my own chipboard or using acrylic paint, etc ... I love pushing myself to try different things.

I mainly work with bright, fun colors, but I will dabble with vintage from time to time -- particularly, Valentine's Day and Christmas themes. I also toy with inking and distressing, too.

These are older creations, but I thought I'd share to give you all a sense of my personality and style.


Some altered paint cans I did way back. The Raiders can was obviously for a Raiders fan. I rolled up a Raiders t-shirt that was his Christmas gift. He loved the can and kept it in his garage near his tools. The tinsel trim actually looked like little footballs.




I made this one for my girlfriend's b-day one year. She loves anything Elvis and actually has the same b-day as Elvis Presley!


Halloween treat can for a friend's son. I made several of these one year. Word of caution to parents: you really need to carry a plastic bag to periodically empty out the can as it doesn't hold very much.



Wall hanging I made for a friend in a coffee-themed swap last year. She works as a barista at Starbuck's.


ATC I made for a "I've Learned" ATC swap last year. I used glossy accents on the witch's costume and the words. You can't tell from the picture, but I also used glow-in-the-dark embossing powder on the moon.


This one was one of my favorites and says a lot about ME : kinda sassy-tough but girly at the same time! I used the glitter lace technique for the background for a girly touch. Sorry the picture doesn't show it too well. I often work on projects late at night and am just too lazy/tired to fiddle with my camera settings! Anywho... I chose to punch the butterfly out of metallic paper to go with the motorcycle and add a little bit of toughness to the ATC.





I'm working on some cards and other projects this month. Will post those projects when they are done. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment