Friday, May 20, 2011

Mini Hand Sanitizer Holder Party Favors (inspired by "Despicable Me")

Do you ever feel like you have a million things to do? It seems that I always feel that way! I always seem to have several half-done projects laying around. Well, one project I needed to finish this week was a set of party favors for a birthday party my older daughter is going to on Saturday. It's for one of her good friends at school who happens to love the movie "Despicable Me". I was inspired by the Minions when choosing the colors for the favors. I used yellow, gray, and blue. I added a girlish touch by including some pink also.

Hawaii FINALLY has a Bath & Body Works store (YAYYYY!!!!), so I thought this would be a great party favor. So did my daughter's friend. I first saw this idea on Dawn's Stamping Thoughts I tend to be a bit anal as far as how I want things, so I did alter the measurements a little. In the video, she uses an oval punch for the opening, but I didn't have one. Because of that and because I also wanted an easier way to cut the holder, I created a simple digital cut file using MTC.

Here is an up-close view of the two different color combos. I used a rhinestone on each for a little touch of bling and also to resemble the snap on a purse flap.

Here is a view of the holder when opened. The front flap is held closed with velcro.

Here is a side view showing how the hand gel sits inside. You can also see that I used pop dots for the blue heart to add dimension.

I like how these turned out, but I am glad I can cross another project off my list. This weekend, I have a few cards to work on. Just hope I can finish them! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment